Shape your own (little) world

5:49 PM

My daughter is growing up so fast. She's almost five now. And her taste about garments and fabrics is evolving too. Sometimes she asks me to leaf through my sewing books to choose "a new dress", and she rummages in my cabinet in search of the perfect fabric for it. She never asks me to go shopping: she always wants me to sew for her. Or help her crafting. I love it. She is learning that she can make her own things, and shape her own little world. 


She wanted a dress. She wanted a dress with flowers and birds and something pink and blue on it. I had purchased this lovely cotton at Frou Frou months ago together with a fat quarter of matching red cotton, thinking that my daughter would have loved it (I'm trying to be less selfish and choose fabrics that she might like, not only me). And I was right. Well, that was easy. This fabric is every little girls' dream.


This pattern is the Garden Party Dress by Oliver+S. As usual, Liesl's patterns are flawless. The result is a perfectly finished dress that looks 100% professional. I've sewn a size 5 and it fits perfectly to my thin little girl. In addition to being an amazing designer, Liesl is an unbelievable human being. She recently donated her kidney to a person in need. Go read her story on her blog.


I've found the perfectly matching thread among the spools I've received from Aurifil during our last London Sew Social meeting. I was really impressed by the quality of that thread. I know Aurifil is well known among quilters, but their thread is perfect for garment sewing as well.


I'm sure this dress is exactly the one she'd like to wear in the little dreamy world created by herself!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest

Subscribe