A New Life to an Old Pattern - Bouganville Dress

3:09 PM

Il Bouganville è stato il primo cartamodello che ho disegnato da sola. Era una specie di imitazione di questo vestito di Hide and Seek visto su Pinterest. Dato che non sapevo come digitalizzarlo o aggiungere altre misure, lo avevo semplicemente disegnato su carta e copiato su dei fogli A4 per poi trasformarlo in un file Pdf. Un lavoraccio! Ora l'ho digitalizzato al computer come si deve e messo a disposizione in cinque taglie, da 2 a 6 anni.

The Bouganville Dress was my first self-drafted pattern ever. It was a sort of knockoff of this Hide and Seek dress I had seen on Pinterest. As I didn't know how to digitize or grade it, I just drafted it on paper and copied it on some A4 sheets to make them available as a PDF file. And it was a really hard work! Now I've digitized it on my pc and made it available in five sizes, from 2 to 6 years.


Questo cartamodello non è stato testato, quindi suggerisco di fare una tela di prova prima di tagliare il tessuto scelto! Trovate tutto qui, insieme al cartamodello del vestito Caravan Border creato per la serie Knock it Off (solo 2 anni).

This pattern hasn't been tested, so I suggest you to make a muslin before cutting your fabric! You can find the pattern here, together with the Caravan Border Dress pattern released for the Knock it Off series (only 2Y). 







Buon divertimento!
Have fun!


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. ciao jo, I see you have been really busy the last time. I'm also working on my first free pattern. it's so easy - and then it's not. i really want the different pieces to match up well and so may or may not have re-drafted it right from the beginning several times ;) well, i guess it gets easier when you've done your first one. at least i hope so ;)
    and your header! so beautiful!
    looking forward to what you've up your sleeve next. will you take part in pr&p sew along?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annika! Releasing a pattern isn't so difficult after all, but it hasn't been tested, so I've skipped the most difficult part I think! I'd love to sew along in pr&p, I hope I'll have time to do it!

      Delete
  2. Jo! Congrats on being on Jessica's list! You totally deserve it! Your style is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annika, I don't think I deserve it, but it was a nice surprise!

      Delete

Like us on Facebook

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest

Subscribe