A new Mara dress in Kokka fabric.

12:20 PM


Hi! Today I want to show you this new version of the Mara dress, as part of a big Mara blog tour by Compagnie M.


Mara Dress in Kokka fabric, dottasews.blogspot.com

I had a half meter of this beautiful Kokka fabric (Tiny Dancer - bought at Supercut) in light blue and white waiting for a special project, and this was the perfect occasion! 


Mara Dress in Kokka fabric, dottasews.blogspot.com

I’d love to say that the un-matching stripes on the joke are intentional, but no, it’s an error! And I had no fabric left to cut another one. But the funny thing is that they are perfectly un-matching, the blue stripes exactly meet the white ones, so I think they look good! 

Mara Dress in Kokka fabric, dottasews.blogspot.com

I’ve matched it with some fabric covered buttons and a not-exactly-white piping – the white stripes on the fabric are a bit gray-ish, so I had to dye the bias to get the perfect shade. I purchased some white bias tape, and dunked it into some hot water with a teaspoon full of blackberry peels. I left it soak for a couple of hours.


I had read somewhere that blackberry make fabric turn grey. And it worked! I've already washed the dress several times and the bias tape has kept its shade. 

Can you see it? Perfectly gray!

I’ve added flutter sleeves (self-drafted) and finished it with a rolled hem. It’s a bit short, but I love toddler legs! 

Mara Dress in Kokka fabric, dottasews.blogspot.com

I really, really love this dress. 

Do you want to sew a Mara blouse or dress too? You receive a 10% discount on the Mara blouse pattern in Compagnie M shop when you use this discount code: MARA-ACTION. The code is valid until the 17th of August.

And you can sew-along too! Marte organized a Sew-along that’s open to everyone! People with or without blog can participate. The most beautiful creations will win some great prizes! You can find more details here!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

Like us on Facebook

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest

Subscribe